powered by SignMyGuestbook.com

Language Log

Monday, Oct. 12, 2015 - 10:33 a.m.

They sent me the wrong cyanotype chemicals (well, an extra of one and none of the other), so I have to wait some more before I get going. They are sending me the replacement for free, not making me return the wrong one. But I have to wait. I hate waiting.

I wonder if I can keep the paper in a lightfast tube or something, take it and expose it in the field, and bring it back home to develop it. A lot of plant material would wilt before I bring it home. Also, I wonder if I have to cut the plant or can I just hold the paper up against it vertically somehow? I wonder if I use the press for the handmade paper, if I can get it strong enough that it won't fall apart if washed subsequently, and I could use that cyanotypes?

I have a lot of questions.

previous next


Leave a note